Riser repairs involve replacing some sections of the risers and possibly replacing some whole riser sections/segments over sea level. This work will entail cutting & welding operations.
IK-Norway have long experience and specialy designed flexible plugs for double block and bleed (DBB) weld isolating and cold cutting of the depressurized risers. A DBB barrier is essential when performing hot work operations on hydrocarbon process pipelines.
Tool specifications for riser change out operations:
- Double Block & Bleed function/facility
- All materials are tolerant to Hydrocarbon process systems
- Maximum operation pressure: 60°C
- To hold a minimum differential pressure of 1 bar
- Double Block seal verification pressure, maximum 3 bar
- Plug annulus can be filled and monitored with water or gas
- Operating temperature: -10°C to +60°C (+90°C intermittent)
- Flexible connection between isolation barriers
- Plug must navigate through miter joints & piggable bends